More, more, more, more, more, more.
This time of year, there is just More.
More events to attend, more pretty things to see, more fun to be had, more snacks and yummy things to eat, more service projects, more items on the to-do lists, more stress and struggles. More fun, sure, but also so many more expectations for our time and energy and efforts.
But – wait! We were already busy, even before there was More! And now we are living our regular lives while trying to be great little Elves, bringing Christmas to our friends and family! Aghhhh!!!!
Chances are, with this busy Christmas Season, you are feeling a little maxed out, a little overwhelmed. Chances are, you are wearing your Elf-I-Mean-Self out.
If we are going to manage all those other things this week, first we need to manage our Elf-I-Mean-Self better. This week, in the midst of all the MORE that you have… might I gently suggest that you spend a little time taking care of you? (and I will try, too, I promise!)
- Grab a cup of hot cocoa, and take a few minutes to plan your day.
- Collect all the stuff you need to take with you today into a tote, add a snack or two and a bottle of water, and go put it in the car right now while you are thinking about it.
- Take a few more minutes, and look ahead at your week, and start smoothing out the bumps now!
- Now, act! I have to say, nothing saps my energy quicker than the mental nagging of those tasks that need to be completed. Once you’ve made your plan for the day and week, implement it!
- Embrace More short cuts. Get More take-out? You bet. Gift Cards and Gift Bags? Yes, please. Send your Christmas Cards out the week after Christmas? Go ahead.
- Sing More Christmas carols.
- Cut your Elf-I-Mean-Self some slack.
- Take More deep breaths.
- Drink More water.
- Eat more actual food, and at regular intervals.
- Take your vitamins.
- Get More rest.
- Accept More help.
And now, take care of your inner-Elf, wrap up this blog and go do something for You!